Veronica Ten is a graduate from Uzbekistan. She studied English Language Teaching at IGSE and now teaching English in Korea.


    1. Please introduce yourself.

     I majored in English Language and Literature at World Languages University in Uzbekistan. I worked as a full time EFL teacher in a language center for 5 years before coming to Korea. In 2004, I got married to a Korean man and we have lived in Seoul since then. In 2011, I graduated from the IGSE and I have been working as an English language teacher in HWU and LC (IGSE) since then.

    2. How did you first hear about IGSE?
     After moving to Korea, I started looking for opportunities for further studies. My husband helped me search them online and accidentally found out about IGSE and the full scholarship offered by the school. My husband encouraged me to apply for IGSE.


    3. Why did you decide to study at IGSE?

     I decided to study at IGSE because I wanted to acquire a mastery of English and improve my teaching skills. Also, I liked the curriculum at IGSE and its library which is the most comprehensive in Korea. Last, but not least, I felt that meeting Korean and foreign students from various backgrounds and the opportunity to exchange ideas and experience would expand my horizons.

    4. What was the most valuable thing you've learned at IGSE?
      I think that the content knowledge and skills I gained during two years at IGSE are very useful and it cannot be overestimated. Apart from gaining solid presentation and multitasking skills, I also became aware of the criteria for professional language teaching. But the most valuable thing is that IGSE exposed me to a huge number of opportunities for further professional development I had never known before.

    5. How has IGSE changed your career?

       IGSE opened the world of ELT for me on a professional level. To be specific, education training in IGSE enabled me to broaden theoretical and practical knowledge of English and English Language teaching. Due to this school, I have made new friends in the professional field and developed the virtues required for a reflective teacher.

      6. What do you think IGSE is in your life?

       IGSE is a shiny star in my life and one of my best friends. This school enabled me to do the work I love in Korea. Moreover, I got to know a lot of wonderful people who are very intelligent and supportive at IGSE.


      7. Is there something you want to say to those who are interested in IGSE?

         I would say: if you love teaching English and are eager to grow up, go ahead and study at IGSE because this school will enable you to achieve your dreams!